South Bay Consulting Services is seeking a
Programmer Analyst 2 (6596)
10/15/2018 - 10/28/2019
We are only working on W2 and 1099 opportunities.
We consider working 1099 opportunities (direct to employee).
No C2C or C2H, no visa sponsorship.
Advanced skills writing database scripts, stored procedures, functions, triggers, and ISS packages are required.
Serve as a Programmer/Analyst under the guidance of the immediate supervisor or senior level Programmer/Analyst. Use basic principles and procedures of methodology, and automated data processing to design, develop, debug, test, and maintain highly complex software applications. These applications exist on a wide variety of platforms including PC-based, Web-based, Mobile, and Mainframe. Legacy application development and maintenance may require knowledge of other platforms.
• Participate in daily scrums, project planning, and project review meetings.
• Design and document IT solutions which conform to State of Michigan standard technology.
• Provide professional technical expertise to the DTMB AS PMO Managers and client agency managers and supervisors in IT project estimating, and budgeting.
• Design scripts and coordinate application peer testing, load testing and system integration testing.
• Create, update, and maintain systems and IT programs documentation, including system specs and flow diagrams.
• Develop software code based on design.
• Design solutions for a specific application need.
• Code to standards.
• Work with the business client to create test scenarios. Design and develop test plans, applications, or subsystems.
• Provide defect tracking log entry information.
• Test the database and associated design to ensure compliance with the business rules which govern the database.
• Implement IT solutions.
• Maintain and upgrade systems as a result of tool upgrades.
• Documents identified problems and analyze to determine root cause and provide root cause analysis.
• Follow change management procedures and provide input to execute change management.
• Work with vendors who provide IT solutions.
• Represents DTMB as a technical resource at meeting.
• Performs assigned tasks for internal/external security and standards review and development.
• Identify potential impacts of changes.
• Research, test and recommend new development tools, languages, upgrades and equipment as directed by senior team members.
• Apply State government processes to systems that support the DNR, DEQ, and MDARD.
• Apply Agency business rules to system and program design.
• Document changes to existing programs using standards established by DTMB management.
• Follow client’s policies for access and distribution of reports and data.
• Maintain work log and status.
• Perform tasks for internal/external security and standards review as directed.
• Follow DTMB Problem Management processes to resolve client problems reported through Remedy trouble tickets, phone calls and email.
• Update assigned trouble tickets with status comments to keep clients and co-workers informed.
Advanced skills in SQL with writing database scripts, stored procedures, functions, triggers and ISS packages.
Knowledge of structured programming, object-oriented programming, relational database constructs, dynamic responsive web development
Advanced skills in unit testing, system testing, regression testing, and automated testing to ensure product quality meet client expectation.
Ability to provide quality customer service, build trust through integrity of work, and build strategic relationships through teamwork.
Ability to communicate technical terminology at a level appropriate to the audience.
Advanced skills in MS Visual Studio, MS Team Foundation Server, MS Office suite, MS Sharepoint.
Advanced skills in AngularJS, AngularJS2