South Bay Consulting Services is seeking a
IT Security Analyst 3- Incident Response (7530)
10/15/18 - 10/14/19 1 year
2 + years
We are only working on W2 and 1099 opportunities.
We consider working 1099 opportunities (direct to employee).
No C2C or C2H, no visa sponsorship.
South Bay Consulting is looking for an IT Security Analyst who will monitor and advise on information security issues related to the systems and workflow at an agency to ensure the internal IT security controls for an agency are appropriate and operating as intended.
• Focus on Incident Response.
• Identify security issues and risks associated with security events and manage the incident response process.
• Participate in the incident response and investigation process for identified security events.
• Use the Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) platform (IBM’s QRadar) to perform Incident Response identification and response.
• Perform network and system forensics in response to security incidents.
• Optimize and customize security-monitoring tools to improve detection.
• Hunt for signs of APT activities.
• Maintain and update the security operational workflow.
In-depth knowledge of security monitoring and incident response Required 2 Years
Knowledge of conducting security investigations. Required 2 Years
Experience with using and customizing SIEM products. Desired 2 Years
Solid understanding of network protocols and architecture. Required 2 Years
Demonstrated experience with performing incident response using industry leading tools. Required 2 Years
Experience with network intrusion detection and analysis tools such as Bro, Suricata, Sourcefire, Snort and Wireshark. Required 2 Years
Demonstrated experience operating information security tools is required. Required 2 Years
Understanding of the tactics, techniques and procedures of advanced attackers Required 2 Years
SANS Training Desired
3-5years of experience in Security Operations and Incident Response. Required 3 Years